Email Resumes/ Suggestions for Deputy Executive Director
In the coming days hundreds of thousands will descend on our home town of Auburn, Alabama for the annual Iron Bowl against Alabama. We hope you will send an email to jmartinez@ThinkingAhead.com with the resume or contact information of someone who may want to come to Auburn for another reason – for a great opportunity to move up into our No. 2 executive position.
Thinking Ahead’s Nonprofit Practice has been retained by Take Back Our Republic to identify a new Deputy Executive Director. I would love to ask your help. Our community has been so gracious in spreading the word and making recommendations of professionals they respect in the field, so we hope that you’ll do the same!
Please see the full position description below. Would you be so kind as to forward this email to your network in addition to sending any suggestions to jmartinez@ThinkingAhead.com? We greatly appreciate your help spreading the word about this fantastic opportunity!
We will keep in touch; thank-you for helping the cause!
Take Back Our Republic (TBOR) is an emerging growth, $1MM+, seven person non-profit educating the public on conservative solutions for campaign finance reform. They believe that individual participation in the American political system is the best way to preserve and strengthen liberty. TBOR engages in research, education, and advocacy in favor of returning political power to individuals. It seeks to end the system of escalating campaign contributions by corporations, labor unions and special interests that fuels government spending. The group believes politicians should be responsible to the people.
Headquartered in Auburn Alabama, TBOR has grown to a $1.5 million dollar organization since 2015, has strong financial backing, an engaged Board, more than a hundred volunteer coordinators in 37 states, and a staff who stands by the mission.
TBOR seeks a Deputy Executive Director to oversee the internal operations of the organization, allowing the Executive Director to focus on external matters such as fundraising, public relations, and creating partnerships for the organization. In this new role, the Deputy will serve as a key strategic partner to the Executive Director and the Board; s/he will create and implement successful systems for an efficiently run organization. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to develop employees and, be a problem solver and outstanding communicator to maintain a positive working atmosphere.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Deputy Executive Director will have both internal and external facing responsibilities. The Deputy will remain focused in the face of pressure, deliver against timelines, and bring elements of imagination and creativity to daily operations of the organization in working with direct reports who oversee communication, national projects, compliance, fundraising, scheduling and government affairs.
A motivated, passionate, and organized Deputy Executive Director will have the opportunity to build upon a remarkable foundation that the Executive Director and Board have laid out. Working on a national level with organizations across the political spectrum, their mission paves the way for enduring reform with political campaign finance. This is an opportunity to join a fiscally sound organization as the number two person in leadership.
Organization Operations/ Strategy
- Accountable for daily operations in support of organization goals and objectives.
- Facilitate proper communication and information flow from Executive Director to staff.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan with the Executive Director and Board.
- Ensure accountability for organization operating procedures and compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Participate in the budget process.
- Build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members while incorporating the organization’s core values.
- Develop team skills and talents to meet the evolving needs of the organization.
- Serve as mentor for staff requiring development, and delegate responsibility.
- Set performance standards and follow-up through monitoring and assessing staff performance based on established standards.
- Bachelor’s degree and leadership experience in a non-profit organization.
- Political experience is not required, but a comfort level working within a non-partisan political setting will be necessary.
- Strong financial management skills and ability to build and manage budgets.
- Superior leadership, strategic thinking, and planning skills.
- Organizational management and program planning with the ability to delegate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and demonstrated commitment to the organization’s mission and values.
- Successful experience building and working effectively with Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Public speaking skills.
- Legislative advocacy and political campaigns a plus.
- Ability to travel 15% of the time as needed.
- Willing to base in Auburn, Alabama (relocation package will be included in compensation).
Compensation for the Deputy Executive Director includes health care benefits, generous vacation, sick leave, and a competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience.
TBOR has retained the services of ThinkingAhead Executive Search, and asks that all inquiries and resume submissions go directly to ThinkingAhead and not to Take Back Our Republic. Please submit your resume, expression of interest and salary history/requirements to Jessica Martinez, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take Back Our Republic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.