FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Columbus, Ohio (May 15, 2015) _ National Campaign finance non-profit Take Back Our Republic (TBOR) has announced the selection of Jillian Hanes to lead the Foundation_s Ohio efforts (www.takeback.org/groups/view/Ohio -state-coalition). Hanes agreed to serve as Ohio Coordinator today after meeting with ED John PudnerFridaynear the State Capitol, where she has four years_ experience working with Ohio Legislators and the Executive Branch.
“It is great to finally see a group coming up with positive, conservative solutions to encourage more Ohio residents to participate in the political process,_ said Hanes,_ I believe most in Ohio support the tax credit for small contributions and believe other states should follow our lead. If we can do that, and keep foreign money out of campaigns, then government at all levels will better represent the people.”
Hanes has been working in government relations for the last four years, serving as client relations director for JB Hamlin and Co. and 21 Consulting. Hanes is an Ohio native and an avid physical fitness enthusiast, as well as a graduate of The Ohio State University where she received a Bachelor_s of Human Ecology with a focus in Financial Services and a minor in Business Administration.
(With the Ohio State grad pictured above in Columbus Ohio with Take back ED John Pudner of Auburn, and Florida state grad Jon Woods the first state coordinator, Take Back Our Republic may need to break down and find the University of Alabama grad in order to have the last 7 national title holders covered)
State Coordinators and Previous Background
– Alabama: Alexis Esnault _ State Director for Young Americans for Liberty
– California: Francis Johnson _ 25-year Public Professional, Coal Alliance, media watchdog
– Georgia: Jon Woods _ Corporate Litigation Attorney, Princeton/Florida St. Lawyer
– Maryland: Dale Fahnestock _ NASAS Director of Mission Operations & Data Systems
– Massachusetts: Peter Buckley _ Wealth Management and Elected GOP State Committee
– Missouri: Jacob Scott _ Campaign and Legislative Aide Victories on _Protect Our Privacy_ and _Right to Farm_
– New Hampshire: Andrew Hemmingway _ Gubernatorial Candidate & Successful Entrepreneur
– North Carolina: Ola Lewis- superior court Judge, former candidate for North Carolina Supreme Court chief justice
– Virginia: Diane Cullo _ President Bush Appointee for White House Initiative on Tribal Colleges
– Wyoming: Ogden Driskill- Rancher and former State senator
– Ex-Pats: Tom Freeman _ Works in Guatemala City, first recruits from Guam 13,000 miles away
Take Back Our Republic (www.takeback.org), or TBOR, is based near the campus of Auburn University and 90 minutes from the Atlanta airport. Its mission is to conduct research, analysis and public education on conservative ideas for improving the financing of campaigns for public office. One such idea is to incentivize small campaign donations from private citizens. TBOR believes that if more Americans have a voice, politicians will focus less on a handful of large check writers at corporations, unions or special interest groups who expect something in return for their contributions.
Hanes said one of the most fundamental problems with today_s politicians is a lack of true accountability to their constituents, a flaw that could be corrected by giving those voters a stronger political voice. As expressed on TBOR_s website, _We believe that the way in which we elect our officials is not a partisan issue; it is an American issue. _Our organization was formed and is run by individuals who understand the political process from the inside out, and are now seeking to educate people about the power they have to shape the process from the outside in._
As state coordinator, Pudner said Hanes will act as the public face of the organization in Ohio, meeting with those interested in learning about TBOR_s mission and ideas, speaking with media, and recruiting local residents to join the cause.
_We are thrilled to have Jilian join our cause,_ Pudner said. _She knows this system and this state inside and out, having worked in both at every level. If anyone can recognize to problems in the way campaigns run, it_s Jillian and I can_t think of anyone better to spread the message of how to make Ohio voices heard in the political process like they_ve never been before._
_I am honored to add Jilian to our growing team,_ he continued, _but I most look forward to seeing the efforts of the Ohio citizens she_ll help us reach and the solutions we can bring to the state to give those citizens the voice they deserve._